A little online dating fun from guest blogger: Twocakes!
These days, there are plenty of people meeting their Mr. or Mrs. Right through online dating services. To give you an idea of just how popular online dating has become, check out these fun statistics regarding relationships that began on the World Wide Web.
- About 40% of the entire population of singles in the U.S. use online dating services.1
- According to a study, one-in-five adults ranging from 25-34 years old have used online dating.2
- An estimated 4% of married or committed Americans say they met their significant other online.2
- 23% of online daters have met a spouse or long term partner thanks
to web based dating services.3
- 53% of internet users believe that online dating allows people to find a better match.3
- 30% of female online daters have asked someone to help them create or review their dating profile.3
- Only 16% of male online daters have asked for help creating or reviewing their dating profile.3
- 15% of singles ages 55-64 have turned to online dating services in order to meet someone. 3
Online dating services have understandably become quite a popular way to meet others with the same interests as you. No wonder so many couples have hooked up thanks to online dating sites and apps such as Match.com, OKCupid and eHarmony. There are also a number of more specialized dating services which cater to specific lifestyles or interests such as divorcees, widows and widowers, single parents, religions, sexual orientation, farmers, writers, singles over 50, and more.
If you’re looking to meet and fall in love with Mr. or Mrs. Right, you may very well want to consider signing up for an online dating service or two. Make sure you use a current photo of yourself. Starting out a date with any misrepresentation is not a good way to attempt to begin a new relationship.
And have fun!
- Broussard, Meredith. “Dating Stats You Should Know.” Match.com LLC. Web. 7 Sept. 2015. http://www.match.com/magazine/article/4671/
- Smith, Aaron and Anderson, Monica. “5 Facts About Online Dating.” Pew Research. Pew Research Center. 20 April 2015. Web. 7 Sept. 2015. http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/20/5-facts-about-online-dating/
- Smith, Aaron and Duggan, Maeve. “Online Dating and Relationships.” Pew Research. Pew Research Center. Web 7 Sept. 2015. http://www.pewinternet.org/2013/10/21/online-dating-relationships/
Join me every day for our daily theme:
- Mondays On Location
- Tuesday Teasers
- Wednesday “What the %$!! is next?”
- Thursday Reader/Writer Fun
- Friday Freebies
- Saturday is Sexy
- Sunday Guest Stars